To assist internal auditors in improving their effectiveness with others by enhancing their emotional intelligence, IIA Seminars has developed a new course, The Effective Auditor: Understanding and Applying Emotional Intelligence, which will be available in Houston on Nov. 11–12 and New York on Dec. 16–17.
Research indicates approximately two-thirds of the difference between top and average performance is attributed to emotional competence. In this two-day course, participants will:
- Learn to identify the communication styles of others and tailor communications to their preferences.
- Improve their listening skills to uncover information needed to conduct effective audits.
- Explore using empathy and emotional intelligence to build engagement within one’s team and with clients.
- Learn ways to respond appropriately to emotionally charged situations.
- Understand the norms and social customs of different cultures.
- Identify opportunities and challenges of a multi-generational workplace.
All IIA courses are eligible for NASBA-compliant continuing professional education (CPE) credits. Access the complete list of seminar courses available in 2014 and registration information.