Rolling Meadows, IL, USA (02 June 2014)—Global information systems association ISACA and The Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) have partnered to present the 2014 Governance, Risk, and Control (GRC) Conference from 18-20 August in Palm Beach, Florida, USA. The conference will help participants integrate governance of enterprise IT and risk management with key business strategies to achieve enterprise objectives. The event is expected to draw more than 500 internal auditors, IT auditors, and other risk, compliance and governance professionals.
“Governance, risk and control require agility and innovation to remain effective at a time when continuous change is bombarding enterprises,” said Robert E Stroud, CGEIT, CRISC, incoming international president of ISACA and vice president of strategy and innovation at CA Technologies. “The collaboration of ISACA and The IIA is a natural and important combination of knowledge and leadership, from which conference attendees will benefit by gaining valuable guidance and tools to deliver business value through information and technology.”
The GRC Conference will offer critical insights from global industry leaders, including the keynote speakers:
- Robert E Stroud, who will deliver the opening keynote, titled, “How Emerging Technologies Will Impact You and Your Enterprise—And What You Can Do About It”
- Anton Van Wyk, IIA senior vice chairman of the board and partner, assurance services, at PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP, who will speak on “Assuring the Audit Committee of Internal Audit’s Value.”
- The Honorable Theresa Grafenstine, CISA, CGEIT, CRISC, CIA, CGAP, CGMA, CPA, international vice president of ISACA and the inspector general of the U.S. House of Representatives, who will discuss “ Keeping It Positive: Proactive Auditing to Reduce Enterprise Risk”
- Bob Treadway, principal of Treadway & Associates, who will look at what the future holds in his closing keynote address titled, “Vigilant Leadership: Looking Over the Horizon for Risk, Innovation and Opportunity”
The event will feature more than 30 sessions on topics such as mobile device security, advanced persistent threats, regulatory fraud and strategic auditing techniques. The sessions will be divided into four tracks:
- IT GRC – Current Trends and Approaches
- Enterprise Solutions for GRC
- ERM: Bridge to Excellence in Auditing
- Leading Practices for Regulatory and Compliance Issues
There also will be two pre-conference workshops: “Enabling IT Risk Management Using COBIT 5 For Risk” and “Designing and Maintaining Effective Risk Appetite Frameworks.”
“This conference provides an outstanding learning and networking opportunity for professionals who are responsible for fostering stronger governance, risk management and controls on a daily basis,” said IIA President and CEO Richard F. Chambers, CIA, CGAP, CCSA, CRMA. “Internal auditors are challenged every day by the fact that changing technologies and business environments present new and complex risks, and keeping pace is essential to remaining on top of our games.”
Participants working on professional designations from The IIA and ISACA will gain new insights, deeper knowledge and greater understanding of internal auditing and IT, which will serve them well, both at certification exam time and in their professional practice. Content covered will be especially helpful to candidates pursuing The IIA’s Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) and Certification in Risk Management Assurance (CRMA) and ISACA’s Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT (CGEIT) and Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC) credentials.
More information about The IIA’s and ISACA’s GRC Conference is available at www.isaca.org/isaca-iia-grc2014. Registrants can save US $200 by registering before 6 June 2014. Attendees can earn up to 18 hours of continuing professional education (CPE) credits.